ABOUT THE CHAC
The Community Housing Affordability Collective (CHAC) is the collective engine for improving housing affordability in Calgary through cross-sector collaboration and community-based advocacy.
CHAC is non-partisan and does not support any particular political group or individual.
Our vision is a future where Calgary has housing that:
- Supports choice along the entire housing spectrum;
- Is safe, appropriate and in suitable locations;
- Allows Calgarians to meet their lifetime needs; and
- Is affordable to all Calgarians across all income levels.
To achieve this vision, we are guided by a high-level action plan that has three key outcomes:
- Integrated approach to housing.
- Stable and diverse housing mix.
- Predictable and stable funding.
Our ongoing focus on advocacy
Aligns with the principle that there is strength in having a unified voice striving for change. It is important for the collective to engage with all orders of government regarding any policy changes that may have an impact on housing affordability.